11 February 2012

Lady Gaga...

I had my interview last Thursday, thought it went pretty well but as per I was sickly nervous. Luckily mine was a morning interview so I didn't have to endure it for too long, I have so much sympathy for those people who have to wait till the afternoon.

I had to sign a confidentiality agreement at the beginning (lol!) so I can't tell you any questions or anything but the ethical question involved Lady Gaga, threw me a little bit :S
Otherwise they were fairly standard and oriented around my personal statement, which was quite nice because I know about that!
Although, instead of asking me "Why do you want to do Medicine?" which is a nice question, a question I know the answer to, a questions I have practised, they asked me "Why do you want to be a doctor over other healthcare professionals?" :/ Throwing me into the landmine-filled zone of not offending everyone else who works in hospitals, whilst still making sure they know you think medicine is AWESOME

Interestingly, this year I had to submit a form beforehand with contact details for all my work experience / volunteering placements, didn't have to do that last year! I guess it's to weed out people who are lying, but I really can't imagine them ringing around all the placements for every applicant. It seems Universities are tightening their belts though, so any prospective applicants, think before lying!!

I saw my friend doing medicine at the same place, it was nice to see him, but I was also a bit sad when I thought I could have been with him, being a first year medic, ach.
Oh well, MUST TRY AND MOVE ON (haha) the tour of the uni and meeting all the current students made me SO EXCITED
But, I'm now finding it really hard to concentrate on my biomed course :S It's so so hard to motivate myself to go to lectures and do work, because I know that (hopefully) I should be leaving soon

Anyways, as usual I'm wishing every whos waiting for offers/rejections and going to interviews THE BEST OF LUCK!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Tanith, can I ask which medical school you had your interview?
    Reading this post, it so much sounds like King's college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tausif, erm I'd rather not say for (limited) anonymity purposes
    But I can tell you it wasn't Kings and was in the North ;)
    How's your application going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard this is becoming more and more common in universities (I do some interviews at mine as a student interviewer).

    I definitely see it as a good thing, as it just makes sure some of those outrageous claims people used to make (you would not believe...) can be verified... Even playing field!

    ReplyDelete

Writing nice things